Northwestern University announced today, Aug. 10, the formation of a search committee to identify the next vice president for Student Affairs.
The individual chosen will succeed Julie Payne-Kirchmeier, who is now vice president for student success for the entire Indiana University system. Patricia Lampkin began serving as interim vice president on Aug. 1.
The search committee, which includes students, faculty and staff, is responsible for undertaking the search to identify a slate of candidates. Miriam Sherin, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and Alice Gabrielle Twight Professor of Learning Sciences, and Kelly Mayo, Dean of The Graduate School, Associate Provost for Graduate Education and Walter and Jennie Bayne Professor of Molecular Biosciences, will co-chair the committee. WittKieffer has been retained to assist the committee.
- Lori D. Barcliff Baptista, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and Advising, School of Communication
- Ordel Brown, Associate Professor of Instruction, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Dori-Taylor Carter, Undergraduate Student, Class of 2023, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences; Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow; Posse Scholar
- Mary E. Finn, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Carlos M. Gonzalez, Executive Director, Residential Services, Student Affairs
- Priya Harjani, Associate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel
- Jason Hegelmeyer, Undergraduate Student, Class of 2023, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences; President, Associated Student Government
- Daviree Velázquez Phillip, Executive Director, Campus Inclusion and Community, Student Affairs
- Sandra Sanguino, Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Samantha Schroth, 6th-year MD/PhD Candidate, Medical Science Training Program, The Graduate School and Feinberg School of Medicine
- Regan Thomson, Professor of Chemistry, Weinberg School of Arts and Sciences; President-elect Faculty Senate
The committee will begin its work immediately and will engage the University community to obtain input on the desired attributes and experience of the vice president, understand the community’s needs and collect nominations of potential candidates for the role. Members of the University community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at VPSAsearch@northwestern.edu.
The committee will be staffed by Office of the Provost staff Laura Cardimen, Program Coordinator; Roma Khanna, Associate Provost for Strategy and Policy; and Mearah Quinn-Brauner, Senior Director for Strategy and Policy.