Tracy C. Davis: Faculty Experts
Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Tracy C. Davis
School of Communication, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Ethel M. Barber Professor of Performing Arts
Areas of Focus
- 19th century British theater history
- Economics and business history of theater
- Performance theory
- Gender and theater
- Research methodology
- Museum studies
- Cold War civil defense
- Focusing on the perpetuation and evaluation of performance in late-Georgian and Victorian London as an explicit practice carried out to improve oral communication, the efficacy of political lobbying and ultimately shaping legislation and foreign policy.
- Writing and editing numerous books, articles and reviews about theatre and theatre history. Her books include “Uncle Tom's Cabins: The Transnational History of America's Most Mutable Book” (Univ. of Michigan Press, 2018) and “The Economics of the British Stage, 1800-1914” (Cambridge University Press, 2000).
- Consulting on historical matters for theater, film and television.