Gregory Ferrell Lowe : Faculty Experts
Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Gregory Ferrell Lowe
Northwestern University in Qatar
Professor and Director of Executive Education
Areas of Focus
- The digital turn in media industry development
- Media management and economics
- History and development of public service broadcasting
- Applying management theories to media companies
- Public service ethos and orientation
- Strategic concerns for public sector media organizations
- Challenges and developments in the digital media ecology
Lowe founded the RIPE international initiative for public service media in 2002 and serves as continuity director. He is a member of the leadership team of the International Association of Public Media Researchers, served as president of the European Media Management Association (2012-2016) and as chairperson of the World Media Economics and Management Conference (2018-2021).
Lowe worked 10 years for the Finnish Broadcasting Company (Yle) as senior advisor for corporate strategy and Development (1997 - 2007) and established Finland's first graduate studies program in media management and economics at the University of Tampere (2008 - 2017). He joined Northwestern Qatar in 2018 as director of the communication program and currently is director of NU-Q's executive education program.