Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Dr. Victoria Anne Brander
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Associate Professor, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Areas of Focus
- Nonsurgical care of bone and joint pain, including regenerative medicine techniques
- Maximizing the outcome of hip and knee replacement surgery
- Evaluation and management of painful knee and hip replacement
- Interventional pain management, including epidural steroid injections
- Appropriate use of pre- and post hospitalization "levels of care" in orthopedics (e.g. skilled nursing, rehabilitation, home care, outpatient therapies, etc...)
- Global Health Medicine
- Hospital management & response in disaster situations
- Brander is a practicing physician whose clinical work revolves around outpatient pain management and musculoskeletal rehabilitation, with a focus on bone and joint disorders.
- She focuses on a comprehensive approach to care, which starts with ensuring an accurate diagnosis, then providing the patient a customized treatment program that could include the spectrum of treatments, including medications, injections, exercise or physical therapy, orthotics, nutritional, alternative therapies and surgical guidance
- Brander has academic and clinical expertise in joint replacement rehabilitation and use of pre- and post-acute medical services (including home health care, subacute or acute rehabilitation, etc...)
- She has extensive clinical and academic experience in nonsurgical treatments for osteoarthritis (especially hip, knee and shoulder), including exercise, diet, injectables, regenerative medicine techniques and more.
- Brander also studies and treats Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Brander founded and directs Operation Walk Chicago, a medical humanitarian nonprofit 501c3 that partners with health care systems in developing countries to establish arthritis and joint replacement programs for the poor. By addressing and reversing arthritis-related disability, the organization aims to improve the socio-economic health of the community. Over the past 15+ years, they have partnered with healthcare systems around the world, including partnerships in Brazil, Vietnam, Nepal and Manilla.
- Through Operation Walk Chicago, Brander has on-site experience in serving in disasters, having organized relief during disasters including terrorist bombings in Mumbai, a tsunami in Danang ,Vietnam and most extensively, earthquakes in Nepal. Brander also assisted Chicago's New Roseland Community Hospital with organizing and expending their COVID-19 first responder and community testing program during the COVID-19 pandemic.