Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
School of Communication
Professor of Theatre
Areas of Focus
- Cuban theater/Latino theater
- Cultural exchange
- Godinez created a theater course with Teatro Buendia in Cuba for Northwestern University students studying abroad.
- Godinez is the Resident Artistic Associate at the Goodman Theatre, where he is the director of the Latino Theatre Festival.
- Most recently for the Goodman he directed Fannie, the Music and Life of Fannie Lou Hamer and American Mariachi, and fostered the co-production of Pedro Paramo with Teatro Buendia of Cuba. He also recently directed Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure at Chicago Shakespeare Theater set in pre-revolutionary Cuba.
- As an actor his credits include Goodman Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare, The Kennedy Center, and on Film/TV including The Fugitive, Above the Law, The Beast, Boss, Chicago Code, The Pages and Chicago Fire.
- Born in Havana, Cuba, Godinez serves on the Board of Trustees of Goodman Theatre, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency.