Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
School of Communication
Professor of Theatre
Areas of Focus
- Cuban theater/Latino theater
- Cultural exchange
- Godinez created a theater course with Teatro Buendia in Cuba for Northwestern University students studying abroad.
- Godinez is the Resident Artistic Associate at the Goodman Theatre, where he is the director of the Latino Theatre Festival.
- Most recently for the Goodman he has fostered the co-production of Pedro Paramo with Teatro Buendia of Cuba. He has directed The Sins of Sor Juana and Boleros for the Disenchanted, among several other productions.
- As an actor his credits include Goodman Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare, The Kennedy Center, and on Film/TV including The Fugitive, Above the Law, The Beast, Boss, Chicago Code, The Pages and Chicago Fire.
- Born in Havana, Cuba, Godinez serves on the Editorial Board of the Northwestern University Press and the Board of Directors of Albany Park Theatre Project and the Illinois Arts Council Agency.