Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
School of Communication
Associate Professor of Theatre
Areas of Focus
- Transnational Asian American theater and performance
- Korean diasporic performance and politics
- “Comfort women" history and social movement
- Activism and transnational solidarity movements
- Gender-based violence and justice
- Public humanities
- Professor Son’s research focuses on the interplay between histories of gender-based violence and transnational Asian American performance.
- Son examines the ways in which theatre and forms of social performance such as public testimony, protests, trials and memorial projects illuminate the experiences of those facing gender-based oppression and violence, thereby providing a critical space for narrating these histories of violence against women, grappling with traumatic legacies, and envisioning new futures.