Dr. Elizabeth McNally: Faculty Experts
Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Dr. Elizabeth McNally
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Director, Center for Genetic Medicine
Elizabeth J. Ward Professor of Genetic Medicine
Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
Areas of Focus
- Myopathic processes
- Neuromuscular genetic diseases
- Muscular dystrophy
- Inherited diseases
- Genetic correction
- Gene editing
- Aortic aneurysm
- Genetics of myopathic processes that affect both heart and muscle
- Understanding genetic mechanisms of myopathies and using these genetic signals to drive therapy development
- Testing genetic correction strategies in models of neuromuscular genetic diseases
- Her translational work was recognized by an award from the Burroughs Wellcome Foundation and was a recipient a Distinguished Clinical Scientist Award from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
- She serves on the advisory boards for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy, and is the vice chair for the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences of the American Heart Association.
- She was recently elected to the National Academy of Inventors.
- She leads the Cardiovascular Genetics program at the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute.