Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Dr. Taylor Heald-Sargent, M.D., Ph.D.
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Areas of Focus
- Pediatric infectious diseases
- Infections in immunocompromised hosts and transplant patients
- Viral infections
- Prevention and treatment of cytomegalovirus infections in transplant patients
- Understanding SARS-CoV-2 infection in children
- Impact of respiratory viral infections on children pre- and post- solid organ transplantation
- Improving vaccination of solid organ transplant recipients
Heald-Sargent completed a combined M.D. and Ph.D. program in 2014 at Loyola University Chicago. She finished her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Chicago in 2017 and began her fellowship at Northwestern University that same year. She joined the faculty at Lurie Children's Hospital in 2020. Heald-Sargent’s research focuses on viral infections in patients undergoing transplantation with a specific focus on cytomegalovirus. Her research includes clinical retrospective analyses, translational bench science, and quality improvement. She also led the prospective collection of biospecimens from children admitted with COVID-19 during the first wave of the pandemic and is involved in multiple clinical research projects on SARS-CoV-2 in pediatrics.