Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Susan Quaggin, MD
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Director, Feinberg Cardiovascular and Renal Research Institute
Chief of Nephrology and Hypertension in the Department of Medicine
Charles H. Mayo Professor of Medicine
Professor of Medicine (Nephrology and Hypertension)
Areas of Focus
- Kidney failure and disease
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Home dialysis
- Vascular diseases
- Therapeutic development for disease (including glaucoma, eye diseases, diabetic kidney disease)
- Glomerular disease
- Fundamental genetic pathways required to establish and maintain the integrity of the specialized vascular beds in the kidney and eye
- Genetic mouse models that allow cell and time-specific manipulation of functional genes
- Development of small molecule inhibitors and biologics to treat vascular diseases including glaucoma, diabetic kidney disease, acute kidney injury
- Elected to the American Society for Clinical Investigation in 2006 and the Association of American Physicians in 2013.
- A member of the External Scientific Panel of Astra Zeneca and CSO of Mannin Research.
- Currently serves as a councilor and future President of the American Society of Nephrology and Chair of the Pathobiology of Kidney Disease NIH Study Section.