Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Founding Director, Deportation Research Clinic, Buffett Institute for Global Affairs
Professor, Political Science Department
Legal Studies, Faculty Advisory Committee
Areas of Focus
- Deportation and immigration law
- Citizenship law and history
- Sovereignty and the rule of law
- Unlawful detention and deportation of U.S. citizens as "aliens"
- Research used in litigation against private prisons for forced labor and other employment law violations
- Age reassessments of minors in immigration custody
- Government surveillance and database misconduct
- Corporate influence on immigration and deportation policy
- Political theories of the nation-state
Stevens' work has appeared in Political Theory, the American Political Science Review, the Journal of Political Philosophy, Social Text, Third World Quarterly, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal and many other scholarly venues, as well as in The Intercept, The Nation magazine and the New York Times. Her research has been widely covered, including by the New Yorker, the New York Times, Washington Post, The Atlantic, Columbia Journalism Review, TIME, NPR and CNN.