Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Dr. Chad M. Teven
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery (Plastic Surgery)
Areas of Focus
- Reconstructive microsurgery and complex reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction
- Surgical treatment of lymphedema
- Oncologic reconstruction
- Biomedical and surgical ethics
- Economics of healthcare policy and delivery
- Surgical innovation and artificial intelligence
- Clinical and patient-reported outcomes in lymphedema, breast and oncologic reconstructive surgery
- Economics of value-based care
- Healthcare policy and delivery
- Medical and surgical ethics
- Organizational ethics and the business of medicine
- Surgical innovation
- Artificial intelligence in plastic surgery
Dr. Chad M. Teven is a board-certified plastic surgeon and clinical assistant professor of surgery at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine whose chief clinical expertise includes microsurgical reconstruction and repair of complex defects. Teven completed residency training in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Chicago and a reconstructive microsurgery fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Teven performs reconstructive surgery for defects across the body due to cancer, trauma, burn and congenital etiologies. He offers both implant-based and autologous breast reconstruction (e.g., DIEP) and also performs physiologic and excisional procedures for the surgical treatment of lymphedema (e.g., lymphovenous anastomosis and vascularized lymph node transplant). Teven additionally performs aesthetic surgery of the face and body.
Teven holds a physician leadership role within the Northwestern Medicine Clinical Ethics Program and serves as faculty in the Center for Biomedical Ethics and Humanities at Feinberg. He previously completed the Clinical Medical Ethics Fellowship from the Maclean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago. Prior to his recruitment to Northwestern Medicine, Teven was assistant professor and vice-chairman for research, and section head for microsurgery and complex reconstruction, within the division of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.