Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Ralph Seal Paffenbarger Professor
Chair, Department of Medical Social Sciences
Areas of Focus
- Patient-reported health outcomes
- Health literacy and health disparities among diverse populations
- Cancer communications and psychological issues of patients dealing with medical illness
- Quality of life research: I have led the development of numerous item banks and instruments, intended for both normal and clinical populations including paper-and-pencil and computer-administered instruments.
- Patient-reported outcome research: Ensuring the voice of the patient is reflected in clinical care and clinical research, including areas of high-stakes decision-making, such as regulatory review, payer negotiations and individual clinical care. A major focus of many of these initiatives has been ensuring measurement sensitive to diverse populations including issues of health literacy and health disparities and developmentally sensitive measurement across the lifespan.