Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Kellogg School of Management
Adjunct Lecturer of Finance
Areas of Focus
- Macroeconomic risk
- Political risk
- Corruption and anti-corruption regulation
- Latin America
- Emerging markets
- Frontier and emerging markets, specifically closely held and family firms in emerging markets
- Economic and political regional focus in Latin America, and specifically Venezuela
- Extensive experience in Latin America spanning the private, non-profit and public sectors; including two years directing entrepreneurial reform in Venezuela’s most populous municipality.
- As Latin America director for Greenmantle, he currently consults on regional political and macroeconomic risk for some of the world’s largest hedge funds, investors, banks and family offices.
- Has presented courtroom testimony as an expert witness on cases involving financial corruption in the Southern District of New York, as well as providing written testimony for numerous asylum cases.
- Has briefed international governments and the US State Department on matters of political corruption, political risk and economics.
- A frequent guest on TV and Radio where he regularly discusses government corruption in Latin America (including Venezuela, Brazil, Guatemala, Argentina, and Colombia) for outlets such as CNN, NPR, BBC World Service, Al Jazeera, FRANCE 24, NTN24 (Colombia), WBEZ and others.
- A regular contributor to international publications including Foreign Policy, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the New Yorker, the New Republic, Harpers, the Atlantic as well as penning a regular column for Venezuela’s last remaining independent newspaper, El Nacional.
- Has taught seminars on corruption risk to Latin American entrepreneur and student groups in Argentina, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Chicago and Miami.