Northwestern University announced today, March 9, the formation of a search committee to identify the next vice president for Global Marketing and Communications.
The individual chosen will succeed Jeri Ward, who stepped down at the end of 2022.
President Michael H. Schill has charged the search committee, which includes University leaders, faculty and staff, to undertake the search to identify a slate of candidates. Charles F. Whitaker, professor and dean of the Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications, will serve as chair. Heyman Associates has been retained to assist the committee.
Search committee members
- Charles F. Whitaker (chair), Dean and Professor, Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Kathleen Belew, Associate Professor of History, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Amy Colton, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Kellogg School of Management
- Natasha DiPrima, Senior Associate Vice President, Alumni Relations and Development
- Jake Julia, Vice Provost for Administration and Chief of Staff, Office of the Provost
- Andy Madorsky, Co-Interim Vice President and Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Chief Creative Officer, Global Marketing and Communications
- Greg Stripp, Chief of Staff, Office of the President
The committee has begun its work to identify priorities and desired attributes and experiences for the next vice president. Members of the University community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at email@example.com.
The committee will be staffed by Mearah Quinn-Brauner, senior director for strategy and policy in the Office of the Provost, and Naomi Wu, communications coordinator in the Office of the President.