Northwestern University announced today, Nov. 11, the formation of a search committee to identify an associate vice president for Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance. The new associate vice president will lead the unit currently known as the Office of Equity.
The University is changing the unit’s name to the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance to better reflect its primary responsibilities of ensuring compliance with anti-discrimination and accessibility policies, and responding to reports of sexual misconduct, discrimination and harassment within the University community.
President Michael Schill has charged the search committee, which includes faculty, students and staff, to undertake the search to identify a slate of candidates.
Robin R. Means Coleman, vice president and associate provost for diversity and inclusion, chief diversity officer, and the Ida B. Wells and Ferdinand Barnett Professor, Department of Communication Studies, and Stephanie M. Graham, vice president and general counsel, serve as co-chairs. Major, Lindsey & Africa has been retained to assist the committee.
- Ryley Boddeker-O'Connor, Undergraduate Student, School of Education and Social Policy, Class of 2023
- Michael T. Chin, Associate General Counsel, Office of General Counsel
- Luke Figora, Vice President for Operations
- Celina Flowers, Assistant Provost for Faculty, Office of the Provost
- Lois Hedman, Professor, Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Jason McKean, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Strategy and Operations, Dean of Students Office, Student Affairs
- Toni Marie Montgomery, Senior Project Administrator, Student Finance
- Hari M. Osofsky, Dean and Myra and James Bradwell Professor of Law, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Jill Sieben-Schneider, Associate Dean of Students and Director of AccessibleNU
- Florencia Son, 5th-year Ph.D. Candidate, Chemistry, The Graduate School; Past Co-President (2021-22) and President (2020-21) of the Graduate Student Association
- Joan Trimuel Williams, Director, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Feinberg School of Medicine; Chair, Northwestern University Staff Advisory Council (NUSAC)
- Ericka Wrencher, Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources
Members of the University community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee is staffed by Office of the Provost staff Lorraine Cassis, executive assistant; Roma Khanna, associate provost for strategy and policy; and Brad Zakarin, director of academic initiatives.