Northwestern University announced today, Oct. 21, the formation of a search committee to identify the next dean of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law.
The individual chosen will succeed Kimberly Yuracko, associate provost for academic projects and Judd and Mary Morris Leighton Professor of Law at the Law School, who stepped down from the role of dean on July 31. James Speta, the Elizabeth Foehling Horner Professor of Law, currently serves as the interim dean of the Law School.
The search committee, which includes members selected from the Law School faculty, student body, alumni and staff, will undertake the search to identify a slate of candidates. Erin F. Delaney, professor of law, will serve as chair. Storbeck Search and Associates have been retained to assist the committee.
- Erin F. Delaney, chair, professor of law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Juliann Cecchi, assistant dean, external partnerships, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Shari Seidman Diamond, Howard J. Trienens Professor of Law and professor of psychology, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law; director, JD-PhD program; research professor, American Bar Foundation
- Faith Gay, JD '86; member, Law Board; partner, Selendy & Gay
- Paul A. Gowder, professor of law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Lenore Hipsher, JD student, class of 2021, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law; membership editor, Journal of Human Rights; 2019-2020 vice-president, Student Bar Association; 2019-2020 co-president, ACLU
- Michael S. Kang, William G. and Virginia K. Karnes Research Professor of Law,Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Eric G. Neilson, vice president for medical affairs; Lewis Landsberg Dean, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- James E. Pfander, Owen L. Coon Professor of Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- David M. Shapiro, clinical associate professor of law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
The committee will begin its work immediately and will engage the Law School community to solicit input on the desired attributes and experience of the new dean, and to seek assistance in identifying potential candidates for the role. Members of the Northwestern Pritzker Law community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee will be staffed by Office of the Provost staff Mearah Quinn-Brauner, director for strategy and policy, and Lorraine Cassis, executive assistant.