Northwestern sets search committee for new vice president of Student Affairs
Northwestern University announced today (Oct. 3) the formation of a search committee to identify the new permanent vice president of Student Affairs to succeed Patricia Telles-Irvin, who passed away in June. Julie Payne-Kirchmeier is serving as interim vice president for Student Affairs.
The committee will be chaired by Miriam Sherin, associate provost for undergraduate education and Alice Gabrielle Twight Professor of Learning Sciences in the School of Education and Social Policy. The committee includes representatives from the student body, staff and faculty who will identify a slate of candidates.
Provost Jonathan Holloway said the committee will begin its work immediately and will engage the Northwestern community throughout the fall to solicit input about the desired attributes and experience of the new vice president and to seek assistance in identifying prospects.
“President Schapiro and I look forward to the process and to receiving the advice and counsel of the committee,” Holloway said.
Members of the Northwestern community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at VPSAsearch@northwestern.edu.
- Miriam Sherin, chair, associate provost for undergraduate education; Alice Gabrielle Twight Professor of Learning Sciences
- Janna Blais, deputy director of athletics, Athletics and Recreation
- Robert Brown, director, social justice education, Student Affairs
- Alex Darragh, vice president for facilities
- Isabel Dobbel, undergraduate class of 2020, School of Education and Social Policy; president, Associated Student Government
- Katie Evans, past resident, Graduate Student Association; 5th-year Ph.D. candidate, interdisciplinary biological sciences graduate program
- Enectali Figueroa-Feliciano, faculty in residence - Goodrich House, Bobb Hall, and McCulloch Hall, associate professor of physics and astronomy, Judd A. and Marjorie Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Tracey Gibson-Jackson, associate director, student organizations and activities, Student Affairs
- Jasmine Gurneau, manager, Native American and Indigenous initiatives, Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- Joe Holtgreive, assistant dean for undergraduate engineering, Robert R. McCormkick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Kimani Isaac, undergraduate class of 2020, School of Education and Social Policy
- Eugene Y. Lowe Jr., assistant to the president, Office of the President
- Adrian Randolph, dean and professor of art history, Judd A. and Marjorie Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Sharitza Rivera, assistant director for student enrichment services, Student Affairs
- Sandra Sanguino, associate dean for Student Affairs; associate professor of pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Karen Springen, lecturer, Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Chris Watson, associate vice president of student outreach; dean of undergraduate enrollment
- Emily Weiss, Mark and Nancy Ratner Professor of Chemistry, Judd A. and Marjorie Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
The following members of the Office of the Provost will serve as search committee staff:
- Andrea Bueschel, associate provost for strategy and policy
- Dan Pattley, coordinator for strategy and policy
- Samantha Haevers, administrative assistant