Search committee launched for next vice president and general counsel
Eight-member committee will start immediately
Northwestern University on Thursday (Feb. 7) announced the launch of the search to identify its next vice president and general counsel.
The committee will be chaired by Craig Johnson, senior vice president for business and finance. The committee will include representatives from the faculty, staff and Board of Trustees who will identify a slate of candidates.
President Morton Schapiro charged the committee to begin its work immediately, to engage the Northwestern community throughout the winter and spring to solicit input about the desired attributes and experience of a vice president and general counsel, and to seek assistance in identifying candidates.
Committee members include:
- Craig Johnson, chair,senior vice president for business and finance
- Deborah A. DeHaas, Board of Trustees, vice chairman and national managing partner of the Center for Board Effectiveness, Deloitte
- D. Cameron Findlay, Board of Trustees, senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Lois Hedman, associate professor, Feinberg School of Medicine, and president-elect, Faculty Senate
- Eric Neilson, vice president for medical affairs and Lewis Landsberg Dean, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Jim Phillips, Combe Family Vice President for Athletics and Recreation
- Patricia Telles-Irvin, vice president for Student Affairs
- Charles A. Tribbett III, Board of Trustees; managing director, Russell Reynolds Associates
Search committee staff:
- Andrea Bueschel,associate provost for strategy and policy
- Dan Pattley,coordinator, strategy and policy
The committee will engage a search firm to assist.
Members of the Northwestern community are invited to share feedback, submit questions and recommend candidates by contacting the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.