Search committee for new Kellogg dean announced
Provost Jonathan Holloway reveals members of the committee who will lead national search
EVANSTON - Northwestern University Provost Jonathan Holloway announced today (Oct. 2) that the University has formed a committee to conduct a national search to identify the next dean of the Kellogg School of Management.
The individual chosen will succeed Sally Blount, who will step down at the end of the 2017-18 academic year.
A committee including representatives from the faculty, students, alumni and staff will undertake the search to identify a slate of candidates.
Paola Sapienza, Donald C. Clark/HSBC Chair in Consumer Finance; Professor of Finance, will serve as chair.
Search committee members are:
- David Austen-Smith, Peter G. Peterson Chair in Corporate Ethics; Professor of Managerial Economics and Decision Sciences; Director, Ford Motor Center for Global Citizenship; Chair Managerial Economics and Decision Sciences Department
- Jabbar Bennett, Associate Provost and Chief Diversity Officer
- Bobby Calder, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing; Director of the Center for Cultural Marketing
- David Figlio, Dean, School of Education and Social Policy; Orrington Lunt Professor of Education and Social Policy; Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research
- Greg Hanifee, Associate Dean of Executive MBA Programs; Clinical Assistant Professor of Management
- Harry Kraemer (KSM ’79), Clinical Professor of Strategy; Member, Kellogg Global Advisory Board
- Angela Lee, Mechthild Esser Nemmers Professor of Marketing
- William Ocasio, John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Management & Organizations
- Nicola Persico, John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Managerial Economics and Decision Sciences; Director of the Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management
- Lauren Rivera, Associate Professor of Management and Organizations; Associate Professor of Sociology
- Myah Smith (KSM ‘18), President, Kellogg Student Association
- Jeroen Swinkels, Richard M. Paget Professor of Management Policy; Professor of Strategy; Chair of Personnel Committee
The committee will be staffed by:
- Jake Julia, Associate Vice President and Associate Provost of Academic Initiatives
- Roma Khanna, Director, Office of Change Management
Provost Holloway said the committee immediately will begin its work and will engage the Kellogg community through the fall to solicit input on the desired attributes and experience of the new dean and to seek assistance in identifying potential prospects.
“President Schapiro and I look forward to the process and to receiving the advice and counsel of the Committee,” Holloway said.