Health and benefits fairs scheduled Oct. 11, 18
Faculty and staff can get flu shots
Following is a memo to the Northwestern community.
In an effort to build and sustain a healthy campus environment, Northwestern invites faculty and staff to this year’s Health and Benefits Fairs; October 11 on the Chicago campus, and October 18 on the Evanston campus.
The Health and Benefits Fairs are designed to increase your knowledge of wellness practices, preventive care options and 2017 benefit plan updates. Each fair will provide a variety of health screenings, educational materials and referrals. With the goal of raising awareness of wellness and health-related resources that are available, the fairs are intended to encourage members of the Northwestern community to make positive changes in their health behavior. Participants will be able to obtain information and speak with health care, insurance and investment company experts who can further outline their benefit programs, answer questions and highlight specific options. Both events are free.
Oct. 11, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Lurie Medical Research Center, Ryan Family Atrium
For more information, contact Human Resources, Benefits Division, at 847-491-7513.
Oct. 18, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Norris University Center
For more information, visit Northwestern Recreation or call 847-491-4303.
- Meet with a representative from the Benefits Division to learn about the various educational assistance programs available for employees and their dependents.
- Receive valuable information on personal health and well-being, physical fitness and financial planning from various professional groups and businesses.
- Receive special discounts toward fitness facility memberships and programs.
- Get your flu shot (9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Chicago, 9:15 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Evanston). There is no cost for full- and part-time faculty and staff with a valid WildCARD. Flu shots are available for spouse/civil union partner and children at least 18 years old for $30 (please have exact cash or check payable to Health Maintenance Institute at the time of service). Register www.myhmihealth.com and use the site code NWU. Walk-ins welcome, but wait times may vary.
- Enter a drawing for a chance to win gift baskets, gift certificates, free workshops, training sessions and more. The Chicago drawings are run by each vendor, therefore you are encouraged to bring business cards to participate.