Search Committee Formed for Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
Committee will include administrators, faculty, staff and students
EVANSTON, Ill. --- Northwestern University will shortly begin a national search for an Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion.
A committee including representatives from the administration, faculty, staff and the student body will undertake the search and will convene regularly beginning January 2015. The committee will seek significant input from the University community, and it will work with a search firm to help identify the best candidates. The committee also will conduct significant outreach to the Northwestern community during the initial phases of the search to ensure that a wide array of perspectives is considered.
Search committee members are:
- P. Lindsay Chase-Lansdale, Associate Provost for Faculty; Frances Willard Professor of Human Development and Social Policy in the School of Education and Social Policy; co-chair
- Dwight A. McBride, Dean of The Graduate School; Daniel Hale Williams Professor of African American Studies and Professor of English, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences; Professor of Performance Studies, School of Communication; co-chair
- Pamela Beemer, Vice President for Human Resources
- Pablo Boczkowski, Professor of Communication Studies, School of Communication
- Cecilio Cooper, Doctoral Student, Department of African American Studies, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Richard D’Aquila, Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Division, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Henry Godinez, Associate Professor of Theatre, School of Communication
- Sean Harte, alumnus
- Jeanne Herrick, Assistant Professor of Instruction, Writing Program, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Jennifer Hobbs, Senior Director, Training Grant Support and Postdoctoral Affairs, The Graduate School
- Mei-Ling Hopgood, Associate Professor, Medill
- Jinah Kim, Assistant Professor of Instruction, Asian American Studies, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Bruce Lewis, Associate Vice President of Public Safety, Chief of Police
- Austin Romero, Undergraduate Student, Associated Student Government Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- Kimberly Yuracko, Clinton Research Professor of Law, School of Law
The committee will be staffed by Theresa Bratanch, program assistant in the Office of the Provost.