Viewing Sites Set Up for President Obama's Talk
Northwestern community will be able to watch livestream from several locations
- Following is an announcement sent to the Northwestern community with information on how to view the speech by President Obama Oct. 2.
As you heard from President Schapiro's announcement earlier today, we are extremely pleased that President Barack Obama will come to Northwestern's campus in Evanston to make a speech on the economy this Thursday, Oct. 2. We're excited by the opportunity to welcome President Obama to our campus for his speech to students from the University and Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management.
The event will be at 1:15 p.m. Thursday in Cahn Auditorium. As noted in the message to the campus, the University will not be able to accommodate everyone who wishes to attend in person. Tickets to the event have been allocated for an invited audience. For those members of the University community unable to be seated in Cahn Auditorium, the speech will be live-streamed on the Web at www.whitehouse.gov so that you may watch the speech from a computer or mobile device.
In addition, the University will set up group viewing locations on campus. Viewing locations will include:
- Levy Atrium in Jacobs Center
- Jacobs Center Rooms 101, 160, 165, 166, 1246, 276, G03, G40, G42, G43
- McCormick Foundation Center Forum
- McCormick Auditorium in Norris University Center
- 1 South (pavilion area) at the University Library
- Technological Institute Room L251
- Hughes Family Auditorium in the Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center
- Wieboldt Hall Room 247