Parking Restrictions for President's Speech
Several campus lots will be closed; use shuttles and public transportation
- Following is an announcement sent to the Northwestern community with information on Evanston campus parking Oct. 2.
As previously announced, President Barack Obama will deliver a speech at Northwestern on Thursday Oct. 2, 2014.
This event will affect the availability of parking on the Evanston campus throughout the day. A number of lots will be closed or reduced in capacity as a result of security measures and to accommodate attendees and media.
Faculty and staff should use public transportation, park in University lots west of campus, such as the Engelhart lot at Foster Street and Maple Avenue, or park at Ryan Field and take the shuttle bus to the main campus.
It is anticipated that this event will increase vehicular and pedestrian traffic along Sheridan Road and may cause delays.
Questions regarding shuttle service? See Transportation News or call University Services at 312-503-8129.
Parking lots and garages at the following locations will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 2. Towing will begin that day at 3 a.m.
- North Campus Garage (no parking above level 4)
- Campus Drive near the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion and the lot east of the Crown Sports Pavilion
- Sargent (south row closed)
- Foster-Walker front
- Foster-Walker rear (633 Emerson)
- 619 Emerson
- 619 Clark
- 1922 Sheridan
- 1918 Sheridan Driveway
- 600-700 University Place
- Music Administration Building
- South Parking Structure (lower level closed)
Questions concerning Parking Services? Call 847-491-3319.