Health and benefits fairs this month
The following memo was sent Oct. 11 to the Northwestern community.
Health and Benefits Fairs
In an effort to build and sustain a healthy campus environment, Northwestern invites faculty and staff to this year's Health and Benefits Fairs Oct. 16 on the Evanston campus and Oct. 25 on the Chicago campus.
The Health and Benefits Fairs are designed to increase your knowledge of wellness practices, preventive care options and 2019 benefit plan updates. The fairs provide a variety of health screenings, educational materials and referrals. With the goal of raising awareness of available wellness and health-related resources, the fairs are intended to encourage Northwestern faculty and staff to make positive changes in their health behavior. Participants can obtain information and speak with health care, insurance and investment company experts who can further explain their benefit programs and answer questions. These events are free.
Evanston: Tuesday, Oct. 16, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Norris University Center, 2nd floor. For more information, visit Northwestern Recreation or call (847) 491-4303.
Chicago: Thursday, Oct. 25, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Lurie Medical Research Center, Ryan Family Atrium. For more information, email Human Resources, Benefits, or call (847) 491-7513.
- Meet with a representative from Benefits to learn about the various educational assistance programs available for employees and their dependents.
- Receive valuable information on personal health and well-being, physical fitness and financial planning from various professional groups and businesses.
- Receive special discounts toward fitness facility memberships and programs.
- Get your flu shot (9:15 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Evanston, and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Chicago). There is no cost for full- and part-time faculty and staff with a valid Wildcard. Flu shots are available for spouses/civil union partners and children at least 18 years old for $35 (please have exact cash or check payable to Health Maintenance Institute at the time of service). Register online and use the site code NWU. Walk-ins are welcome, but wait times may vary.
- Donate blood and save a life at the Purple Pride Blood & Bone Marrow Drive (9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. in Evanston only). Signing up in advance is recommended. Walk-ins are welcome, but wait times may vary. Each participating donor will receive a Northwestern football signed by Coach Pat Fitzgerald. Register online here.
- Enter a drawing for a chance to win gift baskets, gift certificates, free workshops, training sessions and more. The Chicago drawings are run by each vendor, therefore you are encouraged to bring business cards to participate.
Graduate Program Fair
Exclusively for Northwestern employees, the Graduate Program Fair will feature Northwestern graduate programs with part-time study options for eligible employees to use the Employee Reduced Tuition Benefit. The event is free.
Evanston: Tuesday, Oct. 16, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Norris University Center, 2nd floor, Lake Room. For more information, visit Northwestern Recreation or call (847) 491-4303.
Chicago: Thursday, Oct. 25, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Wieboldt Hall, Room 440. For more information, email Human Resources, Benefits, or call (847) 491-7513.