With Winter Recess, Northwestern breaks Dec. 24 - Jan. 1
Northwestern University will observe Winter Recess this year from Dec. 26-28, 2018. These three Winter Recess days will be provided in addition to the already scheduled University holidays of Dec. 24, 25 and 31, 2018, and Jan. 1, 2019.
During Winter Recess, Northwestern will continue to provide essential services, such as security and policing, but will be closed for non-essential operations. Staff members should contact their managers or supervisors to see if their area will remain in operation and if their services will be required. Employees who are required to work during this period will be given an equivalent number of recess days that can be scheduled for use by Aug. 31, 2019, with manager or supervisor approval.
- Evanston Loop: Last day of service will be Friday, Dec. 14. Regular service will resume Saturday, Jan. 5.
- Campus Loop: Last day of service will be Friday, Dec. 14. Regular service will resume Saturday, Jan. 5.
- Intercampus: No service Monday, Dec. 24 through Tuesday, Jan. 1. This route does not operate on University holidays or closures. Service will resume Wednesday, Jan. 2 with the extra winter quarter shuttle runs.
- Chicago Express: The last day of service was Saturday, Dec. 8. Regular service will resume Saturday, Jan. 12.
- Shop-N-Ride: The last day of service was Sunday, Dec. 9. Regular service will resume Sunday, Jan. 6.
- CTA #201: Regular service will continue during Winter Break. The route will not operate on Tuesday, Dec. 25 or Tuesday, Jan. 1.
More details about the recess may be found through Human Resources.