New president for Northwestern Alumni Association
Message to alumni: ‘Northwestern is for life. Let others know’
- Mark Ledogar is 1989 graduate of School of Communication
- Currently serves as president of event and communication agency
- Encourages alumni to show NU pride: ‘Wear your purple inside and out’
EVANSTON - Northwestern University trustee and 1989 graduate of the School of Communication, Mark Ledogar, new president of the Northwestern Alumni Association (NAA), says he is humbled and excited to represent and serve the University that has been and continues to be a significant part of his life fabric.
Ledogar, who was sworn in to office in September, will serve a two-year term. He succeeds outgoing NAA president Kathryn Kimura Mlsna ’74, ’77 JD, ’03 P, ’12 P.
See names of the full NAA Board of Directors below.
Ledogar says the message he most wants to convey to fellow alumni is this: “Northwestern is for life. Northwestern has much to offer its alumni, and they have much to offer Northwestern.”
An Orland Park native, Ledogar is president of One Smooth Stone, an event and communication agency based in Downers Grove, Ill. He has maintained a connection to Northwestern ever since graduating from the University.
“I encourage my fellow alums to ‘wear it,’ and I’m not just talking about wearing purple or wearing a Northwestern sweatshirt,” Ledogar says. “I’m talking about recognizing that Northwestern is part of your story and letting others know about your Northwestern connection.”
A radio/television/film major, Ledogar applied to Northwestern early-decision. While on campus, he helped plan and produce events including Dance Marathon, Special Olympics, the Waa-Mu Show and the Homecoming Parade, experiences that were central to his career, which has led to his leadership of an event and communication agency.
For more information about the NAA, including alumni events and the board of directors, visit the NAA website.
NAA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Mark Ledogar ’89
- Samir Mayekar ’06, ’13 MBA
- Jim Coffing ’89 MEM
- Candy Deemer ’76, ’77 MS
- Brian Miller ’00
- Elizabeth Partoyan ’93
- Christine Lavelle ’89
Immediate Past President
- Kathryn Mlsna ’74, ’77 JD, ’03 P, ’12 P
Directors at Large
- Cheryl Clifford ’83, ’89 MBA
- David Flores ’86
- Carey Graeber ’75, ’05 P
- Chrissi Jackson ’90
- Rachel Lippmann ’05
- Julia Lissner ’04
- Nykky McCarley-Cameron ’99, ’05 MEM
- J.D. Sandfort ’92 MBA
- Richard Turner ’62
- Janice Weiland ’79 MBA
- Tanya Woods ’89, ’13 P
- David Cohen ’99, Leawood, KS
- Joanne Meister Gomez ’88, Evergreen, CO
- Catherine Bull Hasler ’90, St. Louis, MO
- Wes Meltzer ’06, Orlando, FL
- Susan Osterberg ’66, ’05 P, Houston, TX
- Gary Riley ’96, San Francisco, CA
- Mike Saxvik ’03, Washington, DC
- Andrew Kittleson ’18
- Erin Manning ’17