Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Dr. Sarah A. Collins
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology)
Medical Director, Women’s Integrated Pelvic Health Program, Northwestern Medicine
Areas of Focus
- Treatment of pelvic organ prolapse with the goal of minimizing discomfort and risk so women can resume their lives with as little disruption as possible.
- Minimally invasive surgery for complex gynecologic and urologic challenges including urinary and colorectal fistulas to the genital tract.
- Comprehensive treatment of urinary incontinence using evidence based and innovative technologies
- Treatment of fecal incontinence using nonsurgical and surgical interventions
- Peripartum pelvic floor disorders and the surgical and postoperative care of severe lacerations sustained at the time of delivery
- The complex relationship between pelvic floor disorders and physical activity; this relationship has implications for the development of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence in women and for the impact that pelvic floor disorders can have on the ability of women to engage in physical activity.
- Pelvic floor muscle mechanics during exercise and activities of daily living
- Patient education and shared decision-making around surgery
- Outcomes of surgery for pelvic floor disorders in the era of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)