Not seeing the results that match your search? FILTER BY CATEGORY AND FIELD
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Clinical Associate Professor of Law
Director, Supreme Court and Appellate Practice, Roderick and Solange MacArthur Justice Center
Areas of Focus
- Supreme Court, federal courts and appellate courts
- First and eighth amendments to the U.S. Constitution
- Incarceration and prisoners' rights
- Access to justice
- Protecting the rights of men and women in the criminal justice system
- Teaches courses on civil rights, has litigated appeals in nearly all of the federal circuits and obtained victories in appellate and trial courts across the country.
Shapiro has published extensive scholarship on civil rights, including articles in the Notre Dame Law Review, the George Washington Law Review, and the Columbia Human Rights Law Review; he has an article on solitary confinement forthcoming in the Harvard Law Review.